Know Your Barcode Scanner App – Windows XP/7/8/10 and MAC PC
Scan barcodes on products, or Data Matrix and QR Codes containing URLs, contact info, etc.
Almost every question and negative review comment is addressed by one of the following. Please save everyone time by reading these first:
Nobody is stealing your information. The app allows you to share contacts, apps, and bookmarks in a QR Code. This is why contacts permissions are needed. See “Visit Developer Website” below ( https://github.com/zxing/zxing/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions ).
If your device is not scanning, first try workarounds for device bugs in Settings. Enable all of them, and then try disabling one at a time to determine which is necessary. If this does not help, try clearing the device cache and settings from Android settings.
If these still do not work and you believe there is an app problem, send a message with the following information. Messages without this information can’t be acted on, so are ignored.
– Device type
– A basic description of what does not work: crashes? does not scan? looks strange?
– Acknowledgement that you tried the steps above first
– A device log capture from when it starts
A Google User
I tried several other scanners, but this is the best by far. Very simple interface: start, point, read. It decodes instantly, shows you the type of code, and the content. You can then decide what you want to do with it. It stores your scan in case you want to use it later. With QR codes, it displays both the content of the code and the url redirect if there is one. I’ve been using it for 5 years, on 2 different phones and several versions of Android. Still the best scanner I’ve seen. I have no idea why it doesn’t have a higher rating.
Been using this for years! Free and no ads. Doesn’t request a bunch of weird permissions like most other barcode scanners. The only problem I have with it is that you have to dig through the settings to turn the flash on. If there was a quick way to turn it on or off like in the camera app, this would be ideal.
Great app! This is the best barcode scanning app I’ve found. Additionally, it’s free, ad-free, and open source. If you need a good barcode scanner, this is where you should start. Note: almost all of the bad reviews are because of permissions; the app description/FAQ explains why they’re required, and the app is open source if you really want to verify it!
Caio P. B. L.
The app can only read barcodes when the phone is oriented at landscape mode. If the phone is in the portrait mode, the reading screen remains in landscape mode and I’m unable to read the code (when at the settings menu, the screen follows the phone’s orientation, the problem is just when at the scanning mode). I already tried to change the “no automatic rotation” option, but the problem persists. Had the same issue with Moto X 2nd gen (now with Galaxy S7E).
September 16, 2016
Varies with device
100,000,000 – 500,000,000
Varies with device
Varies with device
Rated for 3+
Flag as inappropriate
Barcode Scanner for PC Free Download Links:
Barcode Scanner for PC is now available for free download. Directly download the Barcode Scanner for PC app setup files along with Bluestack installation files and follow the below-listed instructions to smoothly run Barcode Scanner for PC in your Windows XP/7/8/10 and MAC PC.
Barcode Scanner for PC Free Download Link: Click Here on the Link
Bluestack for PC Free Download Link: Click Here on the Link
Download Instructions for Barcode Scanner:
Inorder to run Barcode Scanner on your Windows 7/8/10/XP or MAC PC, you will need an Android or iOS emulator to prepare the system environment for the mobile application. You will need to install Bluestack for PC on your Windows 7/8/10/XP or MAC PC and then would need to install the Barcode Scanner for PC apk or setup file. Bluestack for PC is an top grossing award winning Android Emulator available in the market and is proficient to run all major Android/iOS mobile applications (including Barcode Scanner for PC) and mobile games on the host PC. In all, it would provide a mesmerizing experience running Barcode Scanner on your Windows 7/8/10/XP or MAC PC.
Just follow the below-listed instructions to Download and Install Barcode Scanner for PC on your Windows XP/7/8/10 or MAC PC:
1. Download the Bluestack Standalone installation file from the link provided in the above section.
2. BlueStacks-Installer_native.exe file consuming about 261.86 MB will be downloaded on your Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 or MAC PC.
3. After downloading the Standalone setup file, install the Bluestack on your Windows 7/8/8.1/10 or MAC PC. It would take about 2-5 minutes. Just skip through all the interrupts in between.
4. Now, your Bluestack installation is over and you are ready to run it for the first time on your Windows 7/8/8.1/10 or MAC PC. Just feel free to have experience with its highly interactive look and functioning.
5. The next step involves installing Summoners War for PC app on your Bluestack emulator. Just simply search in the Bluestack Apps Search Console for Summoners War game. You will be prompted to Play store from where you could download the Barcode Scanner for PC which would run smoothly on this Bluestack Emulator.
6. If you feel somewhat confused with the above step, Just simply open the link provided in the above section in your Bluestack Browser and everything will be done automatically.